Our Administration Advisory Board meets semiannually to observe our learning environments and review and update our five year Strategic Plan. This mechanism ensures the continuous improvement of our learning community. We are fortunate to have a diverse, intelligent, and generous advisory board. The following members bring a wide variety experience and serve as a valuable guiding force:
Internal Board Members:
- Head of School
- Assistant Head of School
- Office Manager
External Board Members:
Ms. Etelson founded/co-founded several Montessori schools including Bridges Montessori School in Stuart, FL and Turtle River Montessori in Jupiter, FL. She also currently serves as an instructor for the infant and toddler Montessori teacher training program at Summit Montessori Teacher Training Institute, a MACTE-accreditated, AMS-affiliated teacher education program. She has 20 years of educational leadership experience, as well as 10 years as CFO with National Transportation Company. Ms. Etelson has her Master’s in Business Administration from Southern Methodist University, and is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, the American Montessori Society, the Children’s Home Society Treasure Coast Board, and the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. Ms. Etelson is passionate about creating local organic food sources and increasing the awareness and sustainable practices through education within our community.
Ms. Alison has over 40 years of Montessori experience as a teacher, Founder the Merrimack Valley Montessori School in Salem, New Hampshire, and the Academic Dean for the Montessori School in Lutherville, Maryland. We are so excited to have such a experienced lover of Montessori to turn to for education consulting as well as teaching substitute.
- 10 years of experience as Program Coordinator for the Maryland Center for Montessori Studies in Lutherville, Maryland
- Served as a faculty member for the teacher training center she taught Montessori Philosophy, Sensorial Studies and Parent Education.
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- B.A. in Classics- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois.
- Montessori Primary Diploma from the Midwest Montessori Teacher Training Center, Chicago Illinois
- Early Childhood Credential (3-6 years old) -The National Montessori Teaching Certificate from the American Montessori Society.