We have variety of different ways that our parents are invited to get involved in our learning community.
- Music Together – As detailed on our enrichment page under the Music section, Music Together is held on Wednesday mornings and parents are invited to join us every week. Look up what time your child has music class on the enrichment schedule at the bottom of the enrichment page.
- Parent Librarian – Every Wednesday from 9:30am – 11:30am. As of 10/8/2015 we currently have librarian.
- Family Art Fridays – As detailed on our enrichment page under the Art section, Family Art Friday is held the last Friday of every month at 3:00pm for the toddler and primary age groups.
- Office Helper – A few hours per month whenever you are available to help. Perhaps you pick up at noon and can come an hour early once per week.
2015 – 2016 School Year Events
- Volunteer for a School Event – As shown on our school calendar, we have many school events throughout the year and we need volunteers to help plan and set up for these events. Here are our major events and the event chairperson for this school year:
- International Day of Peace – Sarah Bruhn
- Cultural Diversity Celebration – Bridget Beaulieu
- Thanksgiving Luncheon – Karen Cichy
- Winter Holiday Program – Alex Black
- School Yard Sale – Rachel Roberts
- Art Night – Livia Adams
- Graduation & Moving Up Ceremony – Joyce Farwell
- Parent Development Workshops – Join us to learn more about interesting topics which will be presented by our highly experienced presenter Ms. Alison Bourdelais. Child care provided during the meeting if needed.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Parent Advisory Board – Come for a discussion on what’s working well and ideas you have for ways that our school can improve or new ways of doing things. Child care provided during the meeting if needed.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, March 8, 2015 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Monthly Theme Class Presentations – The monthly theme guide lists many different opportunities to volunteer. If you know something about one of our monthly themes or weekly units, please let us know and we can find a way for you to share with us.
- Classroom Ambassadors – This is a year long position which involves the following:
- Organize gift giving for teachers around winter holiday season and the end of the school year, teacher appreciation events, teacher birthdays and more.
- Occasional help with classroom administration such as cutting paper, making copies of worksheets, etc.
- Here are our classroom ambassadors for this school year:
- Infant- Rachel Roberts
- Toddler East-
- Toddler West-
- Far West-
- Red Door- Kristy Kilfoyle
- Green Door- Ali Anderes
- Redirecting Children’s Behavior – We are offering this 15 hour course over 5 Saturdays every Fall and Spring. Childcare in provided.